'ERRORS IN THE USE OF VERBS'.............


INCORRECT ................................................................CORRECT
1. Her father told me that honesty was the best policy. .............Her father told me that honesty is the best policy.
2. The cashier-cum-accountant have come. The cashier-cum-accountant has come.
3. The cashier and the accountant has come. .............The cashier and the accountant have come.
4. Can I come in, sir? ............... May I come in, sir?
5. I'm so weak that I may not walk............... I'm so weak that I cannot walk.
6. Tell me why are you abusing him............ Tell me why you are abusing him.
7. Manya as well as her other sisters are beautiful. ..........Manya as well as her other sisters is beautiful.
8. I am ill for two weeks...................... I have been ill for two weeks.
9. The ship was drowned............... The ship sank.
10. He has stole a pen................. He has stolen a pen.
11. Ankur sung well............. Ankur sang well.
12. Federer has often beat me at tennis. ................Federer has often beaten me at tennis.
13. I laid in bed till eight in the morning. I lay in bed till eight in the morning.
14. Each and every father love their children. ................Each and every father loves his children.
15. You will leave this place at once. ................You shall leave this place at once.
16. We shall not accept defeat............ We will not accept defeat.
17. I should learn to ride if I buy a cycle.............. I should learn to ride if I bought a cycle.
18. I never have, and I never will do it.............. I have never done, and I will never do it.
19. Neither he came nor he wrote. ...........Neither did he come nor did he write.
20. Seldom I go to the hills............ Seldom do I go to the hills.
21. This food is hard to be digested........... This food is hard to digest.
22. He ordered to withdraw the army.................. He ordered his army to withdraw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NITI AYOG......................

Coding and Decoding ...........[competitive. exam prep.... topic 20]

Calendar ........[competitive. exam prep.... topic 29]