ERRORS IN THE USE OF ADJECTIVES.................


INCORRECT ...........................................................CORRECT
1. You are more stronger than I. You are stronger than I.
2. She is growing weak and weak everyday. She is growing weaker and weaker .....
3. Mohan is elder than Salim. Mohan is older than Salim.
4. Delhi is older than other cities in India. Delhi is the oldest city in India.
5. Bombay is further from Delhi than Amritsar Bombay is farther from Delhi .........
6. Have you any ink? Do you have some ink?
7. Have she much books? Does she have many books?
8. Lila was her oldest daughter Lila was her eldest daughter.
9. Lila was the eldest of the two sisters Lila was the elder of the two sisters.
10. He is youngest and most intelligent of my two sons. He is younger and more intelligent of my two sons.
11. I visited many worthseeing places. I visited many places worthseeing.
12. I told you the last news. I told you the latest news.
13. You are junior than I. You are junior to me.
14. I have less worries than Mohan. I have fewer worries than Mohan.
15. No less than fifty persons died of cholera. No fewer than fifty persons died of cholera.
16. This is the worst of the two. This is worse of the two.
17. After lunch we had no farther talk. After lunch we had no further talk.
18. He wasted his all wealth. He wasted all his wealth.
19. I prefer cycling more than walking. I prefer cycling to walking.
20. I am more stronger than he. I am stronger than he.
21. He is the weakest boy of the two. He is the weaker boy of the two.
22. I have got few books. I have got a few books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NITI AYOG......................

Coding and Decoding ...........[competitive. exam prep.... topic 20]

Calendar ........[competitive. exam prep.... topic 29]